Today started out ok . . . I caught Louis trying to let the cat out as he was trying to let the dog in, early this morning. This came after repeated attempt to get him to stop bothering his sisters, whistling constantly and basically just bouncing off the walls . . .
I'm not a morning person - as those of you who know me KNOW . . . so - it's always an interesting mix at 7am . . . there is little wonder why Pop and Lou get along so well at the start of a day . . . it won't be long 'til Lou is tossing the cutlery into the drawer from 5 feet away at 6am because he's "just doing the dishes" (right, Dad?) :0)
Anyway, after getting the kids to school (late) and parking in the wrong place (as I was told to move by the principal) . . . I headed over to teach piano to a student's house I visit every Tuesday morning . . . not too bad, so far.
Teach was a joy - as usual. We chatted and chose Christmast pieces (can you believe it?) . . .
Then it was off to C,C,C (my weekly lady's group) to visit with the girls and take part in Terry's "Colors" group . . . a personality work-shop. Being the only "orange" in the group, I became the spokesperson for all things "spontaneous, creative and disorganized" . . . the REALLY funny part came when I looked up at the clock and realized it was already 10:45am (I was supposed to leave the church by 10:15am in order to make it to my Spanish Class at 10:45 . . . hmmm) Life carries on. My friend Wendy graciously offered to go for coffee with me and review whatever I'd missed (she's Lou's Spanish teacher at school . . . ) Phew! Thank the Lord for Wendy and her Columbian roots . . . :0)
After a lovely and "conversation-filled" hour and a half (I tend to talk alot when I meet new people . . . nervousness, excitement, probably both . . . ) I headed home to call my friend Naomi (whom I have meant to call for a few weeks but then got a message that SHE had called to check in with me . . . huff . . . procrastination, procrastination, procrastination . . . if it's not in front of my face - where does it go?) Noticing that the time had now become dangerously close to 3 pm and I was supposed to pick up the kids today (I should leave the house by 2:50) . . . I quickly got off the phone and raced out the door. Thank the Lord (again), Tony surprised us all by getting off work a little early and meeting us at the school - the girls were already with him in the playground when I arrived . . . God is good (and SO patient with me :0)
I came home, got Maria into a nice warm tub (not feeling well) and got ready to teach my 4 o'clock student (who phone at 3:58 to day she had forgotten her book and was just leaving her house . . . 20 minutes away . . . she's "orange" too . . . we get along great! :0) 'No problem,' I said, 'I'll be here . . .'
In between lessons, Tony came to tell me that our pastor had phoned to inquire of some help from him . . . while Tony was trying to convey this information to him, I interrupted 3 times . . .I finally said, "Sorry, hun. Just give me some kind of hand signal so I know when you're done." This actually worked great! I love my hubby . . .
Other news . . . I just finished reading a GREAT book called "The Long Way Round" by Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman (based on the TV show that was on the Outdoor Life Network). What a wonderful read of adventure and the human spirit!
Well, that's all for now . . . God bless and good night!
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
The Wonderful World of ADHD...or maybe it's just me?!
Posted by
Ms. Stephanie
at
10/17/2006 07:36:00 p.m.
3 comments:
Hey Steph
In between you running back and forth to school you might want to try this thing. You see I just heard of a guy who has this truck who can cure your ADHD ;-)
Norm
A miracle cure!!! :0) I've actually tried it! (No really, I actually have . . . ) but I didn't get quite the same results . . . Have a good time in the BAHAMAS!!!
Ah, the joys of being a "Stay at home" Mom! :)
Post a Comment