Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ways to Amuse Yourself in a Traffic Jam! :0)





It took over an hour to drive the kids to school yesterday morning! Making the most of a frustrating situation - I happened to have the camera in the Jeep! Here's what we look like on our way to school! :0)

What could be better than driving down the road listening to Willie Nelson's Greatest Hits?! The kids already know the words to "On the Road Again!" and given our circumstances - we all thought it was fitting to play that song over and over . . .

We eventually arrived - and the rest of the day went smoothly. I couldn't help but thinking about Pastor Doug talking about what's really inside of us coming out in traffic! :0) There was definately a moment when all I wanted to do was turn around, go back home and crawl back into my nice warm bed - just give up for the day! But, since we were all together anyway, I was happy to have some fun while we had the chance. Those little, precious moments with your loved ones can happen at any time!

When we finally arrived at the school - I ran into Pastor Jairo on his way out . . . he said, "you really are turning into a Latino!" . . . my clock runs at a different pace from the rest of the world most of the time :0) That's actually really funny - because anyone who knows me, knows that I'm late most of the time already!! It's TONY that actually gets irritated when I'm not punctual! Go figure!

Well, I've been a little under the weather for the last couple of days . . . haven't strayed too far from my cozy covers and hot bath. Hopefully I'll be up and feeling better soon. Please remember me in your prayers! :0) Thank you and God bless . . .

0 comments: