
How can we possibly know what the day will bring us? On Sunday we witnessed the birth of two new spirits into our home as well as the baptism of a soul already committed to following in Christ's footsteps.
Last night, we received a call to pray for a young man, only 14, in critical condition after an accident that could've happened to any one of our children (or us at his age . . . ) Tony and I did not sleep well. I found myself praying fervently in my mind, then sub-consciously in a shallow state of sleep, then, even out loud with Maria who found her way into our bed at 4am.
I found myself struggling to pray for God's will - fearful that it could possibly mean having to face the loss of a young life. Instead, I shouted and cried out to the Lord in my heart and in my mind, "Will he praise You from the grave? Will the dust praise You? Will one gone from this world tell of Your righteousness?" . . . words from Psalm 88. Instead, I prayed for a long and abundant life for this young man - full of God's praise, purpose and glory. I pray for healing, strength, wisdom for his doctors and nurses, comfort for his family and a hope that cannot be shaken in the One who promises to be faithful.
I have listened to Brian Doerksen's "you shine" all day today. This CD is FULL of songs of God's faithfulness - it's just what I needed today. Worship through tears is the hardest worship of all. Father God, help us to have an eternal vision of Your unfailing love, so that our time here, however long, may be steadfast and sure. Help us to trust in You and may we all, in need of Your ways receive Your healing, Your all-sufficient grace and much-needed mercy. I pray in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
Here is a song that helped me keep perspective today:
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
The Road to Eternity . . .
Posted by
Ms. Stephanie
at
10/18/2006 07:20:00 p.m.
"Your Faithfulness"
I don't know what this day will bring
Will it be disappointing
Or filled with longed for things
I don't know what tomorrow holds
Still I know I can trust Your faithfulness
I don't know if these clouds mean rain
If they do will they pour down blessing or pain
I don't know what the future holds
Still I know I can trust Your faithfulness
Certain as the rivers reach the sea
Certain as the sunrise in teh east
I can rest in Your faithfulness
Surer than a mother's tender love
Surer than the starts still shine above
I can rest in Your faithfulness
I don't know how or when I'll die
Will it be a thief
Or will I have a chance to say good-bye
I don't know how much time is left
But in the end I will know Your faithfulness
When darkness overwhelms my soul
When thoughts are storms of doubt
Still I trust You are always faithful
Always faithful
1 comments:
We're praying for you all!
Post a Comment