Sunday, October 08, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!





The air was crisp and fresh ... the turkey was cooked (by my mother-in-law :0) and a feeling of thankfulness and well-being was all around! We had a great thanksgiving celebration! We were able to invite a family new to our great city over to join us in our festivities and we enjoyed the comfort of the familiar faces around our table, as well.

The other day, the two girls had a special thanksgiving chapel at school. What an amazing blessing to live in a country where we can praise the name of our Lord and Saviour openly and in our schools! One of the songs the kids sang said, "Thank you God for all the things you've made - and thank You for making me!" I loved that! Of course, the tears were falling and then Tony and I got the giggles ... But that little song made me realize how thankful I really am for my children, my husband, my parents, my sisters and all my friends - just to start! :0)

I pray that this day, God would be glorified and ENJOYED in all our hearts and minds and that His praise would be on our lips! I pray that He would WAKE US UP to His amazing love and faithfulness! Happy Thanksgiving! (Here are the girls - "Turkey Hangover" under the table, late Saturday evening :0)

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't kids always look so cute when they're sleeping :)