Monday, October 09, 2006

A Wonderful Wedding








Well, "little cousin" Jenny got married today . . . what?! I remember when she was born! Where did the time go?! It was only yesterday that she was one of my bridesmaids and only in high school! How many times did people comment today that our kids are getting "so big"? And they are! So are all the others! Tony and I counted 17 grandchildren on the way home from the reception tonight (that's just the generation of Lou, Regina and Maria) ... with my sisters and I and our cousins, we count 14! (We got a great picture of the "older" generation of cousins BTW . . .didn't take too long to get organized either! :0)

It was really great to see all of the family - you knew it was one of "our" weddings when there was a stampede for the dance floor when the "chicken dance" came on! :0) And what fun to dance the "Butterfly" with Louise' father and Dave's girlfriend. Where else but at a wedding can you dance a polka, the twist and the two-step with everyone from 6 months to 65? I think the greatest part was knowing that even if we don't get to see each other as often as we may like, when we do get together, it's just we saw each other yesterday! I especially loved being able to dance with my cutie-patootey husband (I don't get to see him in a suit that often). We actually got to dance to the Van Morrison version of "Have I Told You Lately That I Love You?" (which was supposed to be our wedding song . . . ah well . . . 10 years later - better than never! :0) You're still the one for me, babe!

Maybe the most tell-tale sign of aging was the fact that our greatest enjoyment came from watching the little kids on the dance floor together . . . the "10 and under" crowd . . . watching our girls dance and being able to dance with Lou was such a treat; definately a moment we'll remember for a long time.

It was a wonderful day and a great wedding . . . Jenn has always been one of my favourite people and to see her marry someone as special and gentle as Calvin, makes me feel very happy for them both. I don't think I've ever seen either of them happier - it was truly a blessed day!

0 comments: