Tuesday, September 05, 2006

A successful first day

Well, a tiring, but successful first day back at school. Tony and I spent the morning with Maria in Kindergarten and it was wonderful! What a blessing to be able to have our children in a school where the teachers pray over the students everyday. Maria had so much fun this morning - painting, coloring, listening to stories and watching a Veggie Tales movie. Tony and I were wondering if they still did "nap-time" in Kindergarten . . . but alas :)

Louis had his first violin lesson with his new teacher - and this year looks promising once again. He sure encouraged me today with his thoughtfulness, honesty and good manners. God definately uses our children to teach us life lessons!

Regina's big moment today was realizing that she has "Katie the Cornsnake" in her class . . . and the teacher came with her ! :) (not the other way around). Tony and I laughed right out loud this morning as 3 little girls Regina's age came running over to her squealing with delight and they all giggled and ran off to the playground (without saying a word!)

I have to admit - driving the new Jeep to school was the most fun I had all day!! :) There's just somethings about driving a manual that makes you feel like you're driving! Our neighbour was commenting on the fact that Tony was still driving the mini-van to work and I was taking the Jeep - how does this happen? My only response was, "I guess he really loves me". And you know what? He really does . . . everyday I realize it more and more. My mom once said to me that a husband may not do all the things you dreamed of as a little girl, but when he loves you, he will do things you never expected. I'm eternally grateful that God brought us together and new better than I ever did (what's that Garth Brooks song? "Sometimes I Thank God For Unanswered Prayers"?)

Well, time to wind down once again . . . the house is quiet and there's dishes to be done and lunches to be made . . . Good night all . . . let me leave you with a Scripture to bless your evening:

"But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise You forever for what You have done; in Your Name I will hope, for Your Name is good. I will praise You in the presence of Your saints." Psalm 52:8-9

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow, isn't it quiet now! Did we ever imagine these days would come :)