Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Gift of Teaching . . .

I love to teach! I am so thankful to be able to combine my love of music (all kinds of music) with sharing my understanding of how to create it with my students . . . Each student I have is so unique - in their personalities and in their playing! :) I really do look forward to being able to meet with each one of them every week . . . as much as I enjoy the summer break, it is great to get back to doing what I love :)

There was a time when I didn't play - I didn't touch a piano for almost 10 years! There was a such a void in my life . . . but I didn't realize how much I really missed it until I was able to play again. I remember struggling as a young piano student - I didn't want to practice and I certainly didn't want to have to spend time away from my friends. But, eventually I realized that I could really play! And I loved it! We can't always see why we are asked to do the things we are . . . my mom would get so fustrated with my arguing about practising. Even though I couldn't see the value in it - my mom sure could. And she stood firm on piano lessons until I was grown and moving away. I'm so thankful that she did . . .

I think there are many things like this in life. It's hard to see the value of sticking with something - with seeing something through to the end . . . especially when you are younger and especially when things are not as enjoyable as we would like (right Ty?) But what would happen if we walked away from marriage, friendships or even parenthood when things weren't fun anymore . . . you see it happen all the time.

So, for anyone who has ever wondered where they she be or what they should be doing . . . for anyone who has ever wondered if the grass is greener "over there" . . . then here is Scripture verse for you . . .

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,' declares the Lord"...Jeremiah 29:12-14

0 comments: