Well . . . even though this "blog" is from the hearts of both of us . . . this one is just from me to the girls in my life.
In a moment of rare and precious clarity, I could truly see how important it is for us women to have girlfriends. We really do need each other. We need to support, lift up, encourage and pray for each other. I was able to pray with a dear friend of mine this morning who I have met with on a weekly basis for 4 years (and counting). We prayed for a last-minute trip to Toronto and for her mother. It means so much that we can share our lives and all of the amazing things that God is doing around, for and through us. She has been a blessing to me in her faithfulness and friendship and it was such a gift to me to be able to pray with her.
After our meeting, I was off to "Coffee Conversation and Crafts" for another "girls time-out". I also meet with these ladies on a weekly basis ... It was great to see a new face (right, Dawn? :0) and to be comforted by the "regulars" (I WON'T SAY 'OLD' :0) As always, Linda's devotional fed my soul and illuminated God's presence in my life.
I've just had two phone calls - one from each of my sisters - as I write this entry. We don't get to spend alot of time together - we're all busy with our own families now and schedules usually conflict. But, there is a bond between us that nothing can separate (not time, distance, opinion nor life's circumstances). It's a bond of love that God has blessed me with over and over again with the amazing women he has brought into my life. God has taught me to love, forgive, encourage, pray for, be honest with, have integrity for and challenge the women in my life - because that is what He has done for and with me.
Here is a Scripture about the love of God that I have seen in the women I know:
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39
How precious our relationship become when we receive HIS love and then offer it to one another, graciously and freely. Amen.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
For the "girls" in my life!
Posted by
Ms. Stephanie
at
9/19/2006 04:09:00 p.m.
1 comments:
Ok, girls night needed!
Post a Comment