
Today I had an opportunity to encourage another mom at school. She seemed overwhelmed and exhausted (she has 3 kids of her own). It made me realize how much we need to be apart of something bigger than our own little "kingdoms" that we create within our four walls. I understood so completely how hard it can be when you have young children who need your attention along with all the other demands on our energy, time and schedules! Sometimes, it's just too much . . .
It's easy to get caught up in the "doing" of life and forget the "being" part . . . God wants us to "BE" content in whatever situations we face because we have faith that we are not alone. I remember when I was in labour with Maria . . . I kept thinking of a verse from the Bible, "when I am weak, then I am strong". When you are in labour - if you haven't experienced it . . . and for those of you who have - it definately is a time when you feel at your very weakest! :) But I knew I was not depending on my own strength to carry on with what was required of me at the time . . . I knew that God was providing for my every need - as He always has and always will. And even if we've heard this truth before - sometimes we just need to hear it again . . . and believe with fresh faith.
Here's a neat photo that I found of a real shepherd . . . it reminds me of how many times God has carried me through my life - He has protected me, provided for me and brought me to green pastures.
http://jennifersmusings.blogspot.com
http://pianomusic4thesoul.blogspot.com
P.S. I'm trying to add links to a couple of blogs (one is Jennifer's and the other is my Music Studio blog . . . ) Hope it works! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment