Thursday, April 19, 2007

A True Inspiration

This is one of the most inspirational stories I've ever heard of. They are called "Team Hoyt" from Massachussettes, USA and they are a father and son team extrordinaire. Rick Hoyt was born a quadripeligic after his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck and cut off the oxygen supply to his brain. Doctors said he would never be able to communicate, go to school or live independently. He is 45 years old and has done them all with the help, determination, love and will of his father. They have travelled the world entering multiple races for years! (marathons, biathalons and triathalons - including the Ironman) and Rick's father does them all WHILE PULLING/PUSHING HIS SON (in a wheelchair, dingy or bike).

Watch this video and try not to cry!! They're coming to our city as motivational speakers - and they are. They're mottos is "YES, I CAN!"


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok, I cried! (I know, your suprised :)) What a powerful example of a father's love!