Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter!


I thought I'd do an entry today as things are about to get busier :0) The kids and I have been at my mom and dad's since Tuesday evening. It's been a wonderfully relaxing and peaceful time - I was scheduled to return home on Thursday (as Tony's ending of the work schedule would coincide with our return - but - Tony ended up working until 10pm on Thursday AND on Good Friday - so .... we decided to stay!) Tony is now on his way here and we have lots of fun stuff planned for the remainder of the Easter weekend - colouring eggs, finding eggs (I hide our 'resurrection eggs' for the kids on Easter morning ... they are plastic eggs that contain little symbols of the Easter story that we re-tell). We're going to bake some cookies tonight and then we're going to my sister's house for Easter supper ... I'm salivating already!!! She's making cutlets (breaded - just the way my Baba used to make them ... haven't had them in AGES!) and our Ma is making the italian rice ... life is good!


Pop is out delivering his Easter lillies to my other sister. It's his yearly tradition - one that we all look forward to - all his ladies get them (x 4). He's a sentimental guy and I love the way he faithfully delivers the beautiful lillies every year. This year, our girls asked for lillies of their own - so I bought them. But I still couldn't wait to receive my own from my Dad - it's a meaningful gesture just from him that blesses my heart dearly.


I look forward to Easter as much as I do Christmas! It's like I've been waiting for the 'rest of the story' for 3 months!!! I loved my friend Jenn's poem on her site (she's in my favourite links :0) the other day - it was about PATIENCE ... it was a very timely word. Sometimes I worry (no kidding?!) about kids, marriage, relationships, money ... oh - there could be a great list! But, as my Mom and I were visiting over coffee this morning, I said, "I just keep praying. What's the use of saying you have faith if you don't believe that God answers prayer? So ... we keep praying." And with that, comes PATIENCE.


The other night, as I sat in my mother's cozy chair in front of their fireplace beside the bookshelves (it really is a wonderful homey-home :0) I picked up a book I had bought for her some time ago ... it was the story of Corrie Ten Boom (an amazing woman of faith that helped many Jewish people in WWII). I just flipped to somewhere in the middle. She was explaining to someone that it wasn't her FAITH that got her through those horrible times - it was Jesus Himself ... if it had been up to her faith, then she would have given up long before. That statement comforted me because it reminded me that without Jesus, all the faith in the world wouldn't make an ounce of difference! He alone is the reason I have faith and hope ... He is my salvation and rock - and I will think about that EMPTY TOMB and what it means to me.


Happy Easter!

0 comments: