Friday, April 27, 2007

A New Journey ...



... once again, our family will begin a new journey - a new chapter in our lives together. We have encountered many changes in the last two years and we are about to add another to the list.


We have put our house up for sale. Lord willing, our family will be moving out of the city by the end of the school year. Tony will continue to work in the city (he will be commuting). However, we have a serious desire to simplify our life and seek out the quieter, less complicated existence of the small town atmosphere.


We have been praying ALOT over this major decision - and have been thinking about it for some years. The timing seems to be now and we ask that you join us in praying for the Lord's continued guidance and provision.


The other night, Tony and I (after receiving the kids' input) sat down and wrote a list of everything we would love to have in a home for our family. At the top of the page we wrote, "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 Well, our greatest desire is to draw ever nearer to the Lord and we rejoice in the peace and grace He gives us daily (and the mercy we do not deserve) ... as we sought Him, our #1 item on our list was "The home that God has chosen for us." (Other items included a tire swing for Maria, a big yard for Louis and Regina's very own room :0)


Tony and I have ALOT to learn about walking with the Lord. We stumble and lose our way - but His rod and staff, they comfort us :0) He is a Good Shepherd and we know His voice (by His grace alone!) The other morning, as I sat in my "Mommy Chair" and sought the Lord; I asked Him to help me not seek 'things' for myself (He has been bringing me back to the book of Jeremiah quite consistently :0) ... I wondered how wanting a home that 'fit' our family wasn't seeking 'things' for myself? I cried a tear or two as the Lord so graciously comforted me and revealed my OWN heart to me - I doubted my OWN intentions ... but the Lord showed me how He will (and has) used me in the lives of my children, husband and extended family. He showed me that we are friends and that I do not need to be afraid :0) I'm so thankful for His lovingkindness. It is His love and mercy that carries me through these times of anticipation ...


We do not yet know what is fully in store for us over the next few months - but we are praying and waiting ... please pray with us and for our family (especially the children ...) They will be leaving their school and making new friends. It will be a time of transition for them and I am hopeful everything will go smoothly for us all as we learn to rely on God every step of the way.


"O God, You are my God

And I will ever praise You

O God, You are my God

And I will ever praise You


I will seek you in the morning

and I will learn to walk in Your ways

and step by step You'll lead me

and I will follow You all of my days"




1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad we got to get together yesterday! We're definitely praying for you guys. Big step for sure but isn't our home such a big part of our lives!

Luv ya!