Ever since I started blogging special entries for the kids, Maria has been asking, "When do I get mine?!" She isn't the subtle one in the family :0) I told her she would have to wait until her birthday. So, as this blessed event is nearing, here is my tribute to our beautiful Maria.
From the moment we discovered your conception, you have filled us with joy, Maria. You were a precious surprise to us (as all our children were) and we have rejoiced in the blessing of your life for 6 years (and 9 months :0)
While I was pregnant, we decided to have a home birth (after two car rides during labour, I had had enough of that!) So, we bought a giant 'blow-up' pool and waited for your arrival. We had to keep it ready, so every night before bed, I would roll the giant pool down the stairs into the living room - hoping that 'this might be the night'. Alas, for two weeks, every morning, I had to roll the giant pool back up the stairs! :0) You were getting pretty big and heavy in there for Mommy to be carrying you around all the time and I was ready to see your beautiful face!
On a chilly January evening, right after we had tucked your brother and sister into bed, I went into labour. Your timing was perfect and the evening was so peaceful. Your father and I walked back and forth in front of our old townhouse for a little while (I was in my favourite, thick, grey sweater - a gift from your Dad - and the only warm covering that would fit by then :0) After awhile, I needed to come into the house and call the midwives. While they were on their way, your Dad and I put on some relaxing music and slow-danced together during the contractions that slowly brought you closer to your very first birthday.
We were so calm, that by the time the midwives arrived, they didn't believe that I was as far along as I had said. Oh well! Believe it or not, you were on the way. We called Auntie Naomi to come and help and started filling up the "fishy pool" (no wonder you love to swim so much!) After a short time in the wonderful, warm water (and some fun photos in between contractions), you came to join your family.
You had thick, black hair and a squishy little face and hands that were all tightened up into little fists. Your Dad and I grinned from ear to ear - and we laughed and cried and rejoiced. Our Maria had arrived and our hearts would never be the same. Aunti Naomi prayed a beautiful blessing over you and we all went to bed in peace.
Tonight, we made chocolate cupcakes for you to take to school tomorrow and enjoy with your classmates. How can I express to you how proud of you we are? You are growing into a fine, young lady and we love to hear how everyone enjoys your company so much. You are a treasure, Maria. You are one of the few people on this earth that can turn your Dad's frown upside down, sweetheart. You are blessed with the gift of giving - you give of yourself and God uses you to bless others with joy, peace and love. We love to hear your precious voice as you sing out with passion and conviction. You have a very sensitive spirit and feel every emotion so deeply that anyone around can share in the moment. You are an intelligent, funny, beautiful, generous and talented person and we are so glad God wanted you to be our daughter.
So, on the joyful occasion of your birthday, let me share with you one of my favourite blessings from the Bible and may it be a comfort to you as you continue to grow into the wonderful woman God has planned you to be:
"The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
From the moment we discovered your conception, you have filled us with joy, Maria. You were a precious surprise to us (as all our children were) and we have rejoiced in the blessing of your life for 6 years (and 9 months :0)
While I was pregnant, we decided to have a home birth (after two car rides during labour, I had had enough of that!) So, we bought a giant 'blow-up' pool and waited for your arrival. We had to keep it ready, so every night before bed, I would roll the giant pool down the stairs into the living room - hoping that 'this might be the night'. Alas, for two weeks, every morning, I had to roll the giant pool back up the stairs! :0) You were getting pretty big and heavy in there for Mommy to be carrying you around all the time and I was ready to see your beautiful face!
On a chilly January evening, right after we had tucked your brother and sister into bed, I went into labour. Your timing was perfect and the evening was so peaceful. Your father and I walked back and forth in front of our old townhouse for a little while (I was in my favourite, thick, grey sweater - a gift from your Dad - and the only warm covering that would fit by then :0) After awhile, I needed to come into the house and call the midwives. While they were on their way, your Dad and I put on some relaxing music and slow-danced together during the contractions that slowly brought you closer to your very first birthday.
We were so calm, that by the time the midwives arrived, they didn't believe that I was as far along as I had said. Oh well! Believe it or not, you were on the way. We called Auntie Naomi to come and help and started filling up the "fishy pool" (no wonder you love to swim so much!) After a short time in the wonderful, warm water (and some fun photos in between contractions), you came to join your family.
You had thick, black hair and a squishy little face and hands that were all tightened up into little fists. Your Dad and I grinned from ear to ear - and we laughed and cried and rejoiced. Our Maria had arrived and our hearts would never be the same. Aunti Naomi prayed a beautiful blessing over you and we all went to bed in peace.
Tonight, we made chocolate cupcakes for you to take to school tomorrow and enjoy with your classmates. How can I express to you how proud of you we are? You are growing into a fine, young lady and we love to hear how everyone enjoys your company so much. You are a treasure, Maria. You are one of the few people on this earth that can turn your Dad's frown upside down, sweetheart. You are blessed with the gift of giving - you give of yourself and God uses you to bless others with joy, peace and love. We love to hear your precious voice as you sing out with passion and conviction. You have a very sensitive spirit and feel every emotion so deeply that anyone around can share in the moment. You are an intelligent, funny, beautiful, generous and talented person and we are so glad God wanted you to be our daughter.
So, on the joyful occasion of your birthday, let me share with you one of my favourite blessings from the Bible and may it be a comfort to you as you continue to grow into the wonderful woman God has planned you to be:
"The Lord bless thee, and keep thee:
The Lord make His face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."
Numbers 6:24-26
You are loved, Maria. Happy Birthday!
Love, Mom, Dad, Louis and Regina
1 comments:
When do I get my own blog, come on Louis, Maria and Gina got one. :( I thought that I was special? Just kidding. Have a great day and see you Saturday.
Love your royal highness.
Post a Comment