Saturday, November 11, 2006

We're Back!!!


Well, we made it home ... touched down into Calgary Thursday afternoon to snow and a nice "cool breeze" ... ah CASA DULCE CASA (home sweet home :0)

What a wonderful trip we had. It was so great to be able to visit with Naomi and Jaime and the kids IN PERSON :0) Pennsylvania is a beautiful place ... I've never seen trees like that! Huge maple trees everywhere - and lots and lots of water!! We managed to hit 5 states in 5 days ... we were a little bit tired :0) We went through Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New York and New Jersey ... wow! The traffic was unbelievable - it almost always took us twice as long to get home from our travels.

I'm going to break my entries in half to be able to add some more pictures. These are picture from our trip with Na and Jaime and the family to Washington D.C. I was very overwhelmed by the history we encountered on our entire trip - but I was especially touched visiting the Abraham Lincoln memorial.

It brought me to tears to be able to read his words - and know that his passion for the freedom of all people was rooted in his faith in Jesus Christ. I have often experienced and seen misdirected passion - desires that are motivated by selfishness, greed, a self-centred need to be accepted, respected or recognized . . . to name a few. But, to ponder the effect that this one man had on the lives of so many because he was affected by the Lord, truly inspired me. To what? I'm not sure ... God only knows - but I'm so thankful for His presence and the ways He has worked and continued to work in each of our lives. It helped me to see that to acknowledge and embrace a purpose beyond ourselves - to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind ... and to love your neighbour as yourself - affects our motivations moment by moment. It removes fear. It breaths life into our souls and changes our perspectives.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy our photos ... we are glad to share them and hope to read your comments.

0 comments: