Sunday, November 26, 2006

Our Budding Artists

Yesterday was Pop's birthday! He was on the road, driving his truck and got a phone call from all of us to wish him a ver HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Although we weren't able to big together for his special day - with the wonders of technology - we were able to email him the kids drawings after I scanned them in ... what an amazing age we live in!! Yes? (I'll bet you can remember when Ford introduced the combustible engine, right Dad? Oh the things you've seen :0) heehee ... BTW - Louis' drawing has Pop catching the "maximum amount of fish allowed by law" while Regina's fish "overflow-ith" ... Louis figures she's breaking the law, while I think it's ok to FANTASIZE a little (right, Dad?) Unless, they're actually Nonna's fish and she's just gone to get a bigger boat :0) Maria's picture is a tracing of Shooting Stars (wonderful mountain wild flowers.)



Anyway, the kids were so quiet this morning - I was able to have a little sleep in. I woke up to a call from Tony at work ... just checking in. He's so good that way - thanks, hun! I appreciate the way you "check up on me" ... Haven't decided if today will be a LOTR day or a Matrix day yet :0) But it's definately going to be a jammie day ... too cold to be outside! I've already had requests for bagels (I guess Mom's pancakes just don't cut it, hun :0)
Well, the troops are hungry - so I better get to it. Have a great day! Here's a quote to take with you today:


"The gospel alone is sufficient to rule the lives of Christians everywhere...any additional rules made to govern men's conduct added nothing to the perfection already found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ." John Wycliffe

0 comments: