Monday, December 11, 2006

Hello, again!

It's been a WHOLE week since I blogged! Yikes! I just read Kimberly's blog about the different personality types ... Yup! I'm definately Sanguine (or 'orange', right, Terry?) Anyway, here I am, once again ...

Lou-man has a fever and is parked on the couch under a cozy blanket watching Star Wars. Poor kid. He is quite lethargic and has this look in his eyes like, "please don't make me talk, blink, think or exert any energy at all other than that which is required for breathing" :0) So, he's taking a sick-day.

Maria had a morning out with her piano teacher - she had some wonderful idea for a gift for Tony and I for Christmas ... she really does light up a room with her enthusiasm. It's one of my favourite characteristics about her.

Regina has a Social Studies test today - so, with much prayer and hard work, we all hope she does well. Our entire family can tell you alot about the Inuit people and the Ukrainians and Acadians who came to settle here. It's been a very educational unit for us all :0)

We had Tony's "work" Christmas party for the kids yesterday. It was fun and the kids loved to play with all the other little ones and receive their gifts. Regina got an "Easy-Bake" oven, which brought a tear to my eye. One of my favourite memories of my Baba (my mom's mom), was baking with my "Easy-Bake" oven in her apartment when I was just a little younger than Regina. Louis loved his legos, of course and Maria's eyes grew four-times their size when she opened her "Littlest Pet Shop" house and animal 'thingy'. (That's an official word ... :0)

Tony and I had a date-night last night ... woohoo ... I love our date nights. We get to go out and discuss "adult-like" things (politics, religion, why the kids at the theatre always argue with us about putting on the extra 'orange salt' on our popcorn :0) We saw "Apocolypto" (did I spell that right?) Anyway, it was basically 'Braveheart' in the jungle ... but we both really liked it. However, I think I'll be taking down my 'Aztec' calendar today ... not a culture we would like to honour in our home :0) The movie got us talking about Tony's ancestors and how we'd like to learn more about he "Pipil" language ... it is the dying language of the indigenous (sp?) people of Central America. His uncle knows a little and has some written down in one of his 1000 little notebooks that he frequently fills up with trivia.

Well ... I need to go - but I'll try and add some more later. May God bless you today in unique ways and may we all have thankfulness in our hearts and words of praise on our lips! :0)

Ciao!

0 comments: