The other evening, I spoke to my mom on the phone. She was 'talkig like this - because she hab a code' ... she sounded terrible and my heart went out to her. I, myself am getting over bronchitis and an infection in my nose (the swelling has gone down - thank the Lord - I didn't need to draw MORE attention to my already ample blessing of a nose, thank you ...) It is definately no fun being sick ... :0)
I spoke to my father afterward and suggested he give my mom a foot rub ... I know it's what I would like to do for her, if I were there ... My mom spends alot of time caring for others. I hope she'll forgive me for sharing her personal ministry with everyone - but I'm so proud of my mother's loving example that I guess I'll risk the tongue-lashing :0) My mother has spent years reaching out to people who are chronically ill and their loved ones. After losing her father, mother and brother - she has been left as the lone representative of her immediate family. She has taken that loss and turned it into a wonderful blessing for others experiencing their own grief through her volunteer work with Palliative Care. She continues to amaze me with her faith and the strength that God provides her to walk with those who are grieving after she has experienced so much of her own. It is this kind of 'active' faith that the Lord teaches us and it lives in my mother's heart.
This morning I listened to a wonderful sermon online from Pastor Bob Benson (from the Focus on the Family website) ... Until our move, our family has been 'on wait' for a new church and I have been seeking the Lord's wisdom and guidance through my favourite Christian leaders here and there. His message was filled with the Lord's promises of hope, healing and comfort. I was truly humbled and moved to pray. I will try to figure out how to share it online ... the sermon is about 30 years old and Pastor Benson was quite ill when he gave it (he died shortly thereafter). So, his message of healing, comfort and love is especially sympathetic and special. Until I can figure it out, here is a link to listen: http://listen.family.org/daily/A000000477.cfm
While I was listening, I reached over, picked up Regina's beautiful PINK Bible :0) and just flipped it open ... wouldn't you know it? It opened to the introductory page of the Book of Mark in the New Testament. Here is what it said:
"Jesus was no ordinary religious teacher. His miracles showed He was truly the Son of God. But Jesus' miracles showed more than His power. By healing so many sick and needy people, Jesus showed how much God cares about people. Some, like the diseased man in Mark 1:40-45, were people no one would even touch! Jesus did more than feel sorry for such people. Jesus reached out and touched them to let them know he cared. We may not be able to do miracles like Jesus did. But like Jesus, we can show that we care. We can pray for the sick. We can comfort the lonely or hurting. By reaching out to others, we show what Jesus is like.
Children Are Important - Adults sometimes treat children as if they don't matter. Mark 10:13-16 tells about a time when some people brought their little children to see Jesus. The disciples tried to send the children away. They thought Jesus was too busy and too important to be bothered with little kids. But to Jesus, children are just as important as anybody else. He called the children back and blessed them one by one. When you feel that no one pays attention to you, try praying to Jesus. He always has time for you."
What an amazing message of love, hope and mercy that my daughter can find in her little, pink Bible. It touched me too!!! That's the wonderful thing about God's love - He is always reaching out to us ... sometimes it's a foot rub, or a hug from a friend or maybe some kind words ... but, no matter what we're facing, He's always there to strengthen us, comfort us and tell us we're important to Him!
My prayer today:
"Thank You, Lord - I thank You for Your loving ways. It's easy to look around this fallen world and see sickness, pain, heartache and lonliness ... but I thank You for eyes to see and ears to hear. May we all know just how important we are to You. Lord, may You continue to bless us with Your peace, understanding and forgiveness so that we may, in turn, become a blessing to ALL those around us - even those we would consider 'untouchable'. Thank You for Your healing touch - even if it's just on the inside, in our hearts and in our souls ... Lord, we ask that those people who need physical healing today would receive Your healing touch in a miraculous way, to Your glory alone - I pray, by grace through faith in Your Name, Jesus - my Saviour, my Christ. Amen"
I spoke to my father afterward and suggested he give my mom a foot rub ... I know it's what I would like to do for her, if I were there ... My mom spends alot of time caring for others. I hope she'll forgive me for sharing her personal ministry with everyone - but I'm so proud of my mother's loving example that I guess I'll risk the tongue-lashing :0) My mother has spent years reaching out to people who are chronically ill and their loved ones. After losing her father, mother and brother - she has been left as the lone representative of her immediate family. She has taken that loss and turned it into a wonderful blessing for others experiencing their own grief through her volunteer work with Palliative Care. She continues to amaze me with her faith and the strength that God provides her to walk with those who are grieving after she has experienced so much of her own. It is this kind of 'active' faith that the Lord teaches us and it lives in my mother's heart.
This morning I listened to a wonderful sermon online from Pastor Bob Benson (from the Focus on the Family website) ... Until our move, our family has been 'on wait' for a new church and I have been seeking the Lord's wisdom and guidance through my favourite Christian leaders here and there. His message was filled with the Lord's promises of hope, healing and comfort. I was truly humbled and moved to pray. I will try to figure out how to share it online ... the sermon is about 30 years old and Pastor Benson was quite ill when he gave it (he died shortly thereafter). So, his message of healing, comfort and love is especially sympathetic and special. Until I can figure it out, here is a link to listen: http://listen.family.org/daily/A000000477.cfm
While I was listening, I reached over, picked up Regina's beautiful PINK Bible :0) and just flipped it open ... wouldn't you know it? It opened to the introductory page of the Book of Mark in the New Testament. Here is what it said:
"Jesus was no ordinary religious teacher. His miracles showed He was truly the Son of God. But Jesus' miracles showed more than His power. By healing so many sick and needy people, Jesus showed how much God cares about people. Some, like the diseased man in Mark 1:40-45, were people no one would even touch! Jesus did more than feel sorry for such people. Jesus reached out and touched them to let them know he cared. We may not be able to do miracles like Jesus did. But like Jesus, we can show that we care. We can pray for the sick. We can comfort the lonely or hurting. By reaching out to others, we show what Jesus is like.
Children Are Important - Adults sometimes treat children as if they don't matter. Mark 10:13-16 tells about a time when some people brought their little children to see Jesus. The disciples tried to send the children away. They thought Jesus was too busy and too important to be bothered with little kids. But to Jesus, children are just as important as anybody else. He called the children back and blessed them one by one. When you feel that no one pays attention to you, try praying to Jesus. He always has time for you."
What an amazing message of love, hope and mercy that my daughter can find in her little, pink Bible. It touched me too!!! That's the wonderful thing about God's love - He is always reaching out to us ... sometimes it's a foot rub, or a hug from a friend or maybe some kind words ... but, no matter what we're facing, He's always there to strengthen us, comfort us and tell us we're important to Him!
My prayer today:
"Thank You, Lord - I thank You for Your loving ways. It's easy to look around this fallen world and see sickness, pain, heartache and lonliness ... but I thank You for eyes to see and ears to hear. May we all know just how important we are to You. Lord, may You continue to bless us with Your peace, understanding and forgiveness so that we may, in turn, become a blessing to ALL those around us - even those we would consider 'untouchable'. Thank You for Your healing touch - even if it's just on the inside, in our hearts and in our souls ... Lord, we ask that those people who need physical healing today would receive Your healing touch in a miraculous way, to Your glory alone - I pray, by grace through faith in Your Name, Jesus - my Saviour, my Christ. Amen"

0 comments:
Post a Comment